Yes, I would like to make a 100% tax-deductible donation to support The Hester J. Hodgdon Libraries For All Program, a Colorado-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Financial contributions to the Hester J. Hodgdon Libraries For All Program go a long way. Your gift — in any amount — is multiplied ten-fold when it is invested in our program.
A gift of:
- $50 will buy and ship 20-25 new children’s books or 2 food bins for schools
- $100 will allow us to offer internet and computer access for a month.
- $150 will provide tuition for university for one student for one semester
- $200 buys 4 water ceramic water filters and stands for rural schools
- $250 will cover the total operating expenses of the mobile project for two weeks
- $300 will buy a library in a box kit (including a seed collection of 100 books)
- $500 will provide 5 months-worth of books and supplies
- $1000 will cover the salary expenses of the lending library for half a month.
(You may give any other amount you wish — just fill in the amount after clicking the button at the top of this page.)
In addition to making access to books, computer access, English classes and arts education, and recreation available to San Juan del Sur and 34 surrounding rural communities, the Biblioteca Proyecto Móvil is a source for training and employment of local Nicaraguans. This project and others promoted by the HJH Program are grassroots, non-partisan, and straight-forward. There is no middleman and minimal overhead. The HJH Program consistently maintains a 5% administrative cost budget.
Your gift has an immediate impact on the people of Nicaragua. By supporting the Hester J. Hodgdon Libraries for All Program, you help remove obstacles to prosperity that people here face each day — obstacles to education and free access to information. However, in the simplest of terms, your gift removes one very tangible obstacle and creates instead a tangible opportunity: the opportunity for a child to walk up to a shelf of books, choose one that looks interesting, take it home, hold it in her hands, and read it.
Note: If you prefer, you can also donate using your PayPal account by clicking the button below.
The library has created an Amazon.com wish list of items that it would particularly like to receive. If you like, you may purchase the items through the site and have them shipped to the HJH program in Colorado. They will then be re-shipped to Central America.